Enter for a chance to win a Nikon Coolpix Camera Package & a $100 Gift Card! (Total Value $500)
Attending #BlogHer15? Visit RealTimes Square Booth 2108 and snap a selfie while at the booth. Then share it on Instagram or Pinterest with the hashtags #REALTIMESSQUARE and #PROMOTION.
Here’s how to enter:
STEP 1: Snap a selfie of yourself in the RealTimes Square booth
STEP 2: Share your photo on Twitter or Instagram by Saturday, July 18 at 2:30pm tagging #REALTIMESSQUARE and #promotion
STEP 3: Come back and see us at 3:30 PM on Saturday, July 18 to see if your image has won!
Entry submission period ends Saturday, 7/18 at 2:30pm ET.
Offical Promotoin Rules
#REALTIMESSQUARE BLOGHER15 SELFIE SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTION – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
OVERVIEW: The “#RealTimesSquare BlogHer15 Selfie Social Media Contest” (“Contest”) is a contest where participants are asked to take a selfie-type photo in the RealTimes Square Booth #2108 at BlogHer15 and share the photo via Twitter or Instagram with the hashtags #realtimessquare and #contest (the “Contest”). The winner will be chosen in accordance with these Official Rules and based upon criteria set forth in the Winner Selection section below to determine the Winner (defined below).
ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion entry period begins at 6:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 16, 2015 and ends at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 18, 2015 (the “Entry Period“). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AFFIRM YOU ARE ELIGIBLE, HAVE REVIEWED THE OFFICIAL RULES, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH ARE FINAL AND CONCLUSIVE WITH RESPECT TO ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE PROMOTION. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON FULFILLING ALL REQUIREMENTS IN THE OFFICIAL RULES.
Sponsor: RealNetworks, Inc., 1501 1stAvenue South, Seattle WA 98134.
To participate in the Contest:
(a) Anyone who enters the Promotion is an “Entrant.” Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of the Official Rules;
(b) The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (except in the case of legal residents of certain states where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, such legal age of majority);
(c) Entrants must have a valid email address at the time of entry;
(d) Employees, officers and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and any and all other vendors or companies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to participate or win a Prize;
(e) The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
- HOW TO ENTER
To Enter the Promotion:
Twitter Method of Entry:
(1) Take a selfie photo at the RealTimes Square (booth 2108) at BlogHer 15; (2) upload and share the photo on the Entrant’s Twitter account using the two hashtags: #REALTIMESSQUARE #promotion. If your account is set to protected or private mode, your updates may not be visible to Sponsor and therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter the Promotion. Sponsor may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may accept a technically incorrect unique term. Messages not received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Promotion. Automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified.
Instagram Method of Entry:
1) Take a selfie photo at the RealTimes Square (booth 2108) at BlogHer 15; (2) upload the photo to the Entrant’s Instagram account using the two hashtags: #REALTIMESSQUARE #promotion. If your Instagram account is set to protected or private mode, your updates may not be visible to Sponsor and therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter the Promotion. Sponsor may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may accept a technically incorrect unique term. Messages not received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Promotion. Automated Instagram posts or posts sent via a bot will be disqualified.
By using the hashtags in connection with your Instagram or Twitter post Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has the right to stream your post through the Instagram or Twitter API (as applicable) or otherwise use your post in connection with this Promotion and/or repost your image on the Sponsor’s Twitter or Instagram accounts.
There may be only one entry per Entrant per Social Media Platform during the Entry Period.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES
All entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- The photo must be Entrants’ own original image (reposting another user’s social media post will not count as an individual entry) and not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights;
- The photo must not contain any child(ren) to whom you are not the parent or legal guardian;
- The photo must not be disparaging to any person or entity;
- The photo must not communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate, and should not do any of the following:
- violate applicable law;
- depict hatred;
- be libelous;
- denigrate or threaten any person or group of persons;
- be likely to incite violence;
- contain vulgar or obscene language or excessive violence;
- depict illegal drug or alcohol use;
- contain pornography, obscenity, or sexual activity;
- disparage Sponsor; or
- contain any other content, materials, or images that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Each entry submitted in accordance with these Official Rules is an “Eligible Entry.”
- An Entrant may submit only one entry per Social Media Platform.
- Entrant agrees that:
- he/she has all necessary rights or permissions to the photos, videos, and music used in the Entry, and all necessary permissions of the persons participating/appearing in the entry, to grant the rights granted herein;
- the entry does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- the entry will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity or claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party.
- LICENSE TO SPONSOR
Entrant agrees that by entering into this Promotion he/she is granting Sponsor (and any and all of Sponsor’s’ subsidiaries and affiliates and successors and assignees and licensees) the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to exhibit, broadcast, copy, reproduce, edit, dub, superimpose, rebroadcast, transmit, publicly perform and distribute the entry and any portions thereof for any purpose and without compensation or attribution.
- WINNER SELECTION AND JUDGING CRITERIA
- The prize winner (“Winner”) will be chosen at random by the Sponsor from all eligible entries during the Entry Period.
- Winner will be announced at the RealTimes Square Booth at 3:40 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 18 and contacted by direct message for Twitter and Instagram on July 18, 2015 on or about 3:30 PM.
- If selected, you may need to provide first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and publicity/photo release form and may be asked to demonstrate control or ownership of the winning Social Media Account.
- The Winner will have 10 minutes from the time of notification to provide required information and be present at the RealTimes Square Booth (booth #2108) to claim the prize. If the Winner does not reply within 10 minutes, the Winner may be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- The Prize will be fulfilled immediate following winner verification. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Final designation as the Winner depends on verification of eligibility as determined by Sponsor.
- In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Sponsor retains the right to make a Prize substitution in the event that a Prize or any portion thereof becomes unavailable. No transfer or substitution of a Prize is permitted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Sponsor retains the right to delay winner notification and announcement of winner in the event that an unforeseen event causes delay.
ONE (1) PRIZE TO ONE (1) WINNER: One (1) Nikon Coolpix camera and camera accessories and one (1) $100 gift card to Target, ARV: $499.99.
For All Prizes: Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Total ARV of all prizes: $499.99.
- VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR RECEIPT OF A PRIZE
ALL PRIZE AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO SPONSOR VERIFICATION OF THE WINNER’S IDENTITY AND ELIGIBILITY UNDER THE OFFICIAL RULES. THE SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. The potential Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence, within forty eight (48) hours of being notified as the potential Winner.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees to:
- comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Promotion Judges, whose Rules and decisions are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion;
- release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Twitter and Instagram, and any other individuals or organizations including, responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting the Promotion, including their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, if any, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a Entrant’s entry, photo, participation in the Promotion, acceptance or use or misuse of a prize and/or the broadcast, transmission, performance, exploitation, or use of an entry as authorized or licensed by these Official Rules.
- Without limiting the foregoing, each Entrant agrees to release all Released Parties of all liability in connection with:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Sponsor’s or a Entrant’s electronic or printing error or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion;
- technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity, or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the Promotion website, or any other platform or tool that Entrants or Judges choose to use;
- unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion;
- technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entry; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason any Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to request the opportunity to resubmit the entry. The request will be addressed at the sole discretion of the Sponsor if the Promotion Entry Period is still open.
Participation in the Promotion constitutes consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the Winner’s: name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure, mistake, or any other unanticipated factor or factors beyond Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant that the Sponsor finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
- The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected, damaged, lost, or incomprehensible entries or for address or email address changes of the Entrant. Proof of sending or submitting will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail.
- Excluding entries, all intellectual property related to this Promotion, including but not limited to trademarks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations are owned or used under license by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Should any provision of these Official Rules be or become illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, such illegality or unenforceability shall leave the remainder of these Official Rules unaffected and valid. The illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that comes closest and best reflects the Sponsor’s intention in a legal and enforceable manner with respect to the invalid or unenforceable provision.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, BlogHer, BlogHer15, SheKnows Media, Twitter, or Instagram.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ARBITRATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISIONS, INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. READ THOSE PROVISIONS CAREFULLY. THEY AFFECT THE WAY IN WHICH ANY CLAIM OR DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR IS RESOLVED. RealTimes is Software and a Service under the Arbitration and Dispute Resolution provisions. This Promotion is governed by Washington State law without reference to its conflict of laws provisions.