UPDATED GOOGLE CHROME AND REALPLAYER, DECEMBER 11, 2012:
We have just released a new version of RealPlayer that works with Google Chrome. Please select Check for Updates in the drop-down menu in the RealPlayer app or simply click the orange button in the top right corner of this page to download and install the newest version of RealPlayer. Once the new version is installed, the Download this Video button will appear in the upper right corner of videos online.
We love hearing from users of our products. When features aren’t working the way you think they should, we want to help. That’s the idea behind Ask RealPlayer. We’re going to be providing answers to those questions straight from our product experts. Think of Ask RealPlayer as your buddy that works at RealPlayer. Please leave your questions below and we’ll address them in the comments or in our next installment of Ask RealPlayer.
Q: Why doesn’t “Download This Video” work in Google’s Chrome broswer?
A: Chrome has recently been updated. Among the few changes that were rolled out in the update, Pepper Flash has been implemented to handle Flash video. You can learn more about the decision to implement Pepper Flash in this post from Google’s Chromium blog.
As a result of the update, you may have recently started having problems with RealPlayer’s Download This Video button in the browser such as it doesn’t appear when viewing videos in Chrome 21, or maybe you can see the button, but nothing happens when you click it, the following steps should resolve the problem. In order to fix the issue, please do the steps in both sections and close and reopen Chrome before trying the download again.
First: Disable Pepper Flash
1. Open a Google Chrome browser window.
2. In the address bar enter chrome://plugins/
3. Click the Details link in the top right corner.
4. The top entry should show three versions of Flash. Click Disable for the first one (you should see the Location listed as C:UsersuserAppDataLocalGoogleChromeApplication21.0.1180.60PepperFlashpepflashplayer.dll).
5. Close, restart Chrome, and try downloading a video from your favorite video site.
Second: Update your RealPlayer
Download the latest version of RealPlayer by clicking the orange button on the top right corner of the page. You can also update RealPlayer by following these steps:
1. Open RealPlayer on your computer.
2. Click the RealPlayer logo.
3. Click Check for Update.
4. Check the box next to RealPlayer.
5. Click Install Updates. If you don’t see RealPlayer in the available updates, you most likely have the latest version.
If you’re still unable to download videos after following these solutions, please contact Customer Support or leave a comment below.