Downloading your favorite online videos and transferring them to a mobile device to take on the go is an easy way to share them with friends and family. Many online videos are in a Flash video format, also known as a .FLV file. These files require a Flash player if you want to watch them on your computer or mobile device and many mobile devices don’t support Flash. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have a Flash player installed on your computer or other devices. All you have to do is use the free FLV to MP4 converter included with RealPlayer and convert the video into a portable MP4 file that can easily be played on most devices.
Here are a few easy steps that make converting a FLV to MP4 stress free. If you don’t already have RealPlayer installed on your computer, click on the orange button in the upper right corner of this page to download and install it now.
5 STEPS TO CONVERT FLV TO MP4
1. Save the .FLV file to RealPlayer, which can be done by clicking the top right corner of the video screen and selecting Download This Video while watching a Flash video online.
2. If the app isn’t already open on your PC, open RealPlayer and select Library. In the Video section of the library you will find the .FLV file you downloaded. Choose the file for conversion.
3. Click on the video and choose the More option from the popup menu that appears. Next, select the Convert option. The file will appear in the popup conversion box.
4. Click on the Convert To dropdown menu and choose the MP4 option (note: it will be listed under Video Formats) from the Select A Device menu. To save your file to a location other than the RealPlayer Library you can choose the destination of your choice from the Save In dropdown menu located directly below the Convert To menu.
5. After you have selected MP4 from the device list, select OK, and click on the big green Start button. Within seconds the file conversion will be complete. You will know your files have successfully been converted when you see the Conversion Complete box appear.
Now the MP4 file is ready to transfer to your mobile device. If you saved the new MP4 video file in your RealPlayer library you’ll be able to find it in the Video section. Repeat the process for all .FLV files one by one or you can even select multiple files (regardless of file format) and convert them to MP4 with just one click.
If you have any questions about converting Flash files or any other types of files, please leave a comment below. We are happy to help answer all your video conversion questions.