All it takes is just one click to share a video you created with the world. This is either a thrilling or a terrifying concept; it depends entirely on the nature of the video and the kindness or otherwise of your friends.
Second only to sharing videos on YouTube, never has online video had more power than it has on Facebook. Why? Hitting the “share” button is so darn easy and often it’s too late to take the video down without anyone having a chance to see it.
FACEBOOK VIDEOS: WHAT’S YOUR PREFERRED SHARING METHOD
Sharing video on Facebook has exponential power, but that’s no reason to be terrified you can use this weapon to achieve a lot of good. There are several ways that you can share a video with friends on Facebook.
- The simplest way to share videos if you have a good Internet connection is to send it straight from your video camera (if it’s your mobile device) to your Facebook page. Give it a good title, tag your friends who would like the video, hit update, and that’s it. You are done.
- If you don’t upload Facebook videos directly from a mobile device, you can transfer the video to a desktop computer from your video camera and then upload it to Facebook. If you’re feeling artistic and want to edit the video first, you can upload videos to Facebook straight from the editing software package on your PC. The specifications for the format types, the aspect ratio, and the file size can be found here. A word of warning: Facebook videos must be less than 1024MBs in file size and under 20 minutes in length. Just make sure the video fits those specifications and uploading videos is a breeze.
- For larger videos, you can upload them to a compatible video sharing website and embed the video into your Facebook page as a status update. This works just fine, no problem at all.
- If you have a Facebook Page for business or dedicated to your career then it’s possible to embed your whole YouTube Channel onto a tab on your Facebook Page. This looks fabulous and is a great way to showcase your video talents. You can use a free app from Involver.com to do this.
- Of course, the last way to share a video on Facebook that you haven’t created is to simply hit the share button on one of the videos of a friend and now all your other friends can see it, too.
|Save Facebook Videos With Just One Click|
Tired of missing videos shared by friends and family on Facebook? Download the free version of RealPlayer and you can easily find and save videos in your Facebook feed on your computer.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD VIDEO FROM FACEBOOK
One of the problems with Facebook is the high rate of flux of its content. This is extremely noticeable if you have a large number of friends who are constantly updating their profiles.
Here’s the challenge: You see a video that you like, you watch it, but when you try to find it later… it has disappeared in a News Feed.
One great solution to this problem can be found in the free version of RealPlayer. If you don’t already have RealPlayer you can download it by clicking the orange button at the top right hand corner of this post. Use it to automatically download Facebook videos that your friends have posted in the last seven days on Facebook straight onto your desktop.
Once you have the application installed, just log into your Facebook account and you can start downloading Facebook videos to your RealPlayer library. This is an easy way to start downloading and collecting videos shared in your Facebook News Feed. You can also use the app to download or bookmark videos from any other online video sharing website for that matter.
WHAT MAKES A VIRAL FACEBOOK VIDEO
There are no magic tricks to making a viral video or in the case of a horrific bachelor party misdemeanor… preventing one. In truth, the secret to creating a video that spreads around the world in a matter of hours, almost always lies somewhere within the nature of the video content. Here are some things to look for in your video:
- It is shocking.
- It is hilarious.
- It involves a celebrity.
- It involves a celebrity doing something that is both shocking and hilarious.
SAVING YOUR FRIENDS FROM FACEBOOK VIDEO SHAME
To shame or not to shame — that really is the question. If a friend acts shamelessly and you manage to catch this hilarious, or downright scandalous act on video… should you post it on Facebook? Ultimately, that’s a question of ethics and what feels right to you and your friendship with that person.
That said, you should check out our post on The Unbreakable Rules Of Video Sharing. It provides Facebook video posting guidelines. Remember, downloading Facebook videos is insanely easy. Think about if what you’re posting is a video you wanted downloaded from Facebook before hitting the share button.
What types of videos do you post on Facebook? Do you want to download videos from Facebook so you can save them in your personal archive? What are your favorite Facebook videos? Let us know in the comments below.