Updated March 14th 2017
While RealPlayer can play a multitude of file types, you can also use RealPlayer to convert files into the format that best fits your watching or listening needs. It’s a perfect solution for easily converting music or other audio files into formats that you want to make portable or more versatile. Do you have some old Windows Media Audio (.wma) files that you want to convert to MP3 files so you can listen to them on your phone? Maybe you can only get your favorite song or lecture in the wma format.
No problem, just by performing a quick conversion using the latest version of RealPlayer, which includes a WMA to MP3 file converter, you can turn those WMA files into MP3s and be on your way. If you don’t already have RealPlayer installed on your computer, just click the orange button on the top right corner of this page to download and install it now.
5 STEPS TO CONVERT WMA TO MP3
|Get A Free Converter
Easily transfer your favorite WMA files to your phone by using the built-in WMA to MP3 file converter included in the free version of RealPlayer.
1. Start by downloading your WMA files to your computer and saving them to your RealPlayer library.
2. Open RealPlayer and select Music from the Library. There, in the music section, you will conveniently find all the WMA files that you have added to the RealPlayer library. Select the file that you want to covert.
3. Once you have selected the file you want, click on it and then select More from the pop-up menu. Next, select the Convert To option. Your selected file will appear in the pop-up conversion box.
4. Click on the Click To Select A Device button and choose MP3 Audio Only from the drop down menu. If you want to save the converted music file someplace other than in RealPlayer, you can make that selection by clicking the drop down menu under Save In (located just below the Click To Select A Device button).
5. Select OK and then press the big green Start button that appears at the bottom of the screen. Within seconds the file will be converted. You will know the conversion is complete when you see the Conversion Complete box pop-up. Press the OK button to finish the process.
Within seconds the file has been converted. The MP3 file is ready to play or to be transferred to an iPod or mobile device. Repeat the process for all files one by one or you can even select multiple files (regardless of file format) and convert them to MP3 with just one click. RealPlayer goes beyond playing video and audio files; within a few minutes you can covert WMA files into MP3 files to play on your MP3 player.
If you have any questions about converting your WMA files or any other files, please leave a comment below. We are happy to help you answer all your audio and video conversion questions.