When low memory warnings start popping up on your computer, it’s time to free up some space by converting MP4 to DVD. Yes, MP4 videos can take up a lot of space on your computer and you can burn MP4 to DVD discs, just like you burn MP3 music files onto a CD. When you burn MP4 files to a DVD, you can watch DVDs of all the best video clips that you’ve had stored on your computer on a big, beautiful HDTV screen. All you need is a MP4 to DVD converter like RealPlayer Plus and you can burn MP4 to DVD, and the DVD you burn can be equipped with a chapter navigation list -- just like the DVDs you buy from the store.
|Space Saver: Burn MP4s To DVD
Use RealPlayer Plus to burn MP4 videos to a DVD and save space on your computer. Get it now for a special price.
HOW TO CONVERT MP4 TO DVD
The ability to burn MP4 to DVDs is an advanced feature offered by RealPlayer Plus
, the premium version of the RealPlayer video player. RealPlayer Plus burns MP4 files
in full HD to a standard blank DVD disc that can then be played in an AVCHD capable Blu-ray player.
You will need to download RealPlayer Plus to convert MP4s to DVDs. You can burn your MP4 files to DVDs with RealPlayer Plus by doing the following:
- Open RealPlayer Plus. (If RealPlayer does not open in Plus mode, just log in by choosing Sign In from the RealPlayer dropdown menu at the top right of the screen.)
- Insert a DVD into your computer’s DVD burner.
- Select the Library tab at the center top to make sure the MP4 videos you want to burn to DVD are in the RealPlayer Plus Library. (If your videos do not appear, you can drag and drop them from their current folder into this Library.)
- Select the Burn tab at the center top. The RealPlayer Plus Burn screen will appear.
- Click the Video Disc Burner button above the left pane.
- Under Step 1- Select Disc Type in the left pane, select the DVD Video option. (If your MP4 file is in HD, select AVCHD Video instead. If it’s not HD, don’t bother – a HD burn takes longer.)
- Under Step 2- Add Clips From The Library Below To The Right Pane, the scroll-down list will be set to Library. Select Videos from this scroll-down list instead, because you don’t want to burn every file in your whole RealPlayer Library.
- Select each video clip you wish to burn onto the disc.
- Click the Add Selected to Disc button below the video list. Your selected videos will appear in the right pane. There you can move them up and down to put them in the order you want.
- Click the Burn Videos to Disc button. The Video Burning Option dialog appears, allowing customized navigation options for when you’re playing the disc in your DVD or Blu-ray player.
- In the Disc name field, give your DVD the name of your choosing.
- If you want an onscreen menu for choosing individual videos when you pop in your DVD, click the circle next to Include on-screen menus as a guide to disc content. If you do not want a menu on the DVD, click the circle next to Don’t include on-screen menus (playback begins immediately).
- Click the Burn button. This is where the magic happens! Your MP4 videos will begin burning to DVD.
Be patient with the DVD burning process – converting MP4 to DVD takes a lot
longer than burning MP3 music to CDs
. You’re burning a whole lot more data with a DVD.
We should note that RealPlayer Plus occasionally displays an “Unsupported media type” error. This may be because the file is DRM protected
, so it cannot legally be copied. For other technical problems, consult the RealPlayer Plus DVD burning FAQs
for the best recommended solutions. If you have any questions about burning MP4 videos to DVD just ask in the comments below.