Let’s say you find a video on YouTube or another website that is in the Flash video format, also known as a FLV file. While it may be going away, the FLV file format is still very common for online videos so chances are many of the videos you like will fall into this category. Perhaps you don’t want to watch the video because it’s an author podcast, but would rather listen to it while you’re on the go or share it with friends. Here’s what you need to do in order to download it and convert it to a MP3 file that you can listen to on your iPod or other mobile device using the latest free version of RealPlayer. If you don’t already have RealPlayer installed on your computer, click the orange button in the upper right corner of this page to download and install it now.
|Get A Free MP3 Converter
Easily transfer your FLV files to your phone by using the built-in FLV to MP3 file converter in the free version of RealPlayer.
5 STEPS TO CONVERT FLV TO MP3
1. First, download the video file and save it to your RealPlayer library. You can do this by playing the video and then hovering your mouse over the top right corner of the video screen. You’ll see an option to “Download This Video.” Click that and the video will be downloaded to your RealPlayer library.
2. Open RealPlayer and select Library. In the Video section of the library you will find the FLV file you just downloaded (along with any other videos you’ve downloaded or added to the RealPlayer library). Select the video file you want to convert.
3. Once you’ve selected the file you want to convert, click on it and choose the More option from the popup menu that appears. Next, select the Convert option. The selected file will appear in the popup conversion box.
4. Click on the Convert To dropdown menu and choose MP3 Audio Only. If you want to save your file to a location other than RealPlayer, you can choose the destination by clicking the drop down menu under Save In located directly below the Convert To menu.
5. Next, click the Ok button and then click on the big green Start button. Within seconds the file conversion will be complete. You will know your files have successfully been converted when you see the Conversion Complete box appear.
Now the MP3 file is ready to be transferred to your iPod or other mobile device. If you saved the new MP3 file in your RealPlayer library you’ll be able to find it in the Music section of the RealPlayer library. Repeat the process for all files one by one or you can even select multiple files (regardless of file format) and convert them to MP3 with just one click. RealPlayer goes beyond playing video and audio files; within a few minutes you can covert FLV files to MP3 files to play on your MP3 player.
If you have any questions about converting your FLV files or any other files, leave a comment below. We are happy to help answer all your video conversion questions.