Since bringing the first streaming audio player to the Internet in 1995, RealNetworks’ guiding vision has been creative expression through technology. While our signature product, the RealPlayer® free video player, is probably the most well known of our offerings for consumers, we are also leaders in related media areas.
Our Video Technology blog is dedicated to delivering fresh, insightful reporting of the coolest developments in digital media and the cutting-edge technologies behind these breakthroughs. Whether you’re looking for the most plugged-in tech advice, that elusive new high-performance codec package, or the funniest new auto-tuned baby and badger videos, the RealPlayer Resources blog keeps you up to date -- all while keeping it Real.
Our growing team of writers includes…
Joni Blecher, RealPlayer Blog Editor
- Joni started covering technology back when cell phones didn't have color...
- Alane is a journalist, online marketer, and professional artist. She is a social jack of all...
Joe Kukura –
Joe is a San Francisco tech blogger, sports journalist, and regular contributor to the...
- An AVP of RealPlayer, he has been working at RealNetworks since 2003 and has been instrumental in the launch of RealPlayer Cloud.
— John is a longtime technology journalist and author — long enough to remember...
- Jennifer has been a playwright, a junk mail envelope stuffer, and a professional...
– Geoff is a globe-trotting New Zealand filmmaker and transmedia specialist working on...
- Tom is a longtime video producer in the San Francisco Bay Area who brings impressive...
– Mark was a Seattle-based writer and father whom we tragically lost in February 2012 after a struggle with heart disease. A respected science writer, he is credited with inventing popular the science fiction term “morph”. We remember Mark fondly through his multimedia work with the Discovery Channel and Lucasfilms, his sci-fi blog Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL, and his many contributions to the RealPlayer blog and RealNetworks.
Additional contributors include the developers, marketers, management and other employees of RealNetworks whose passion for technology and entertainment powers the innovation and ongoing popularity of RealPlayer.
WHAT ELSE HAVE WE BEEN WORKING ON
A pioneer in digital media technology for nearly two decades, RealNetworks continues to be a major player in several different aspects of the digital media world. For example, check out our new interactive video platform
. Keep up on the latest in new media through our dynamic network of partnered web sites and blogs.
RealNetworks Corporate Blog Gamehouse Invu